Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 7, 2008

    For Leslie

    Before our session Saturday morning, Leslie said, "I'm scared that we're all going to look like dorks just sitting there in our pictures."  In my mind, I thought, "Seriously?  Because I think y'all are one of the most personable families I've met...you won't have a problem being natural in your photos."  I tried not to build up the pressure before the shoot...the more natural I can act, the more comfortable my "subjects" (can anyone think of a better word?  it sounds like I'm about to inflict pain on them when I use that word) will be.  

    So the Brown's photos ended up being really sweet and endearing, just like they are.  Leslie, I haven't gone through all of them yet, but I wanted to post a few just to ease some fears...







    *A special thank you to Jeff, who encouraged us all to brave our fears of bad weather and continue with the shoot, despite the ominous rain clouds looming above us. We had good light and free reign in Botanical Gardens-almost unheard of on a Saturday in April!!

    8 comments:

    Kim said...

    Beautiful! Wow, I love that hands one! It looks like it should be in a magazine. Great, great, great!

    Anonymous said...

    Aww, Jessica you captured them perfectly! Jeff is so funny. Does he get upset about anything? Sometimes I think cloudy days make the best light. Very nice, friend!

    Burt said...

    Kim's right ... the hand picture should be published somewhere

    Anonymous said...

    These pictures are beautiful ! Jessica you are the BEST!
    Wendy Russell

    Les said...

    Yes Melissa, he does get upset... at ME!

    I love the hands too. We haven't seen all the pics yet but the hands turned out just the way I envisioned! And my children look so beautiful!!!

    Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

    good job, jess. thank you for joyfully using your God-given talent and sharing it with the rest of us.

    Anonymous said...

    WOW! These photos are wonderful..I love the picture of Leslie and Jeff..it actaully brought tears to my eyes. Because I can see the love they have for each other..

    Crissy said...

    Where can we submit the hands picture? Seriously, that pic made me tear up. Beautiful. It says so much more than can be expressed in words.
    I think these are the best you've ever done... and that's saying a lot seeing who you were taking pictures of... ;o)