Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 4, 2007

    Changes

    I feel like I owe you all an apology.  I have guarded myself on this blog, hoping to make it seem more "professional" or something silly like that.  I'm at a point in my life where I am trying to figure out who I really am, what my gifts are, what my purpose is....school is over, so now what?  And in my confusion I think that I have tried to be someone that I am not.  I started another blog to have a place to think and vent, but that turned into a people-pleaser venue as well.  So I gave it the boot.  I'm going to try my best to turn this into a place where I can be honest and real.  I don't know where I got the idea that professionals were not real people with real feelings and joys and struggles.  I want to get to know you, and for you to get to know me in return.  I want to bounce ideas off of my blog readers.  I want you to tell me what you are thinking, to vent, to critique, to be real.  I want to do some silly blog games (anyone up for that? I've got about a million ideas).  So no more trying to please each other.  Let's just be friends.

    5 comments:

    erin nolen said...

    blogs are just hard places to be real. that's what i've discovered. it seems so easy to be real on them when you're coming up with your blog post in your head...a little harder when you're trying to post your most authentic self to the whole world wide web. thanks for being willing to share yourself, jess. i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store...

    Anonymous said...

    The whole thing about coming out of school and trying to find yourself still haunts me, and I've been away from school for 5 years now. Just like the previous comment, it is very hard to be real on a blog in front of the entire world. I think people identify you through your work and that's not a bad thing. But I respect your wish to be real. Why should you be anything other than yourself? Blogging has been very theraputic for me. I'm looking forward to finding out more about you, aside from your work. Great post.

    Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

    jessica, we love you. don't feel like you have to be someone other than who God created you to be.

    kim p

    Anonymous said...

    jessica your page is great, the entire website. it all boils down to you and your creativity, that is what makes you stand out! : ) i like the new pic at the top. great job!

    Crissy said...

    Won't you please, won't you please, please won't you be my neighbor?