Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 23, 2008

    Harder than it looks

    I am very rarely in front of the camera if I can help it.  Being behind my lens is such a safe and familiar and comfortable place for me that I forget how intimidating it can be to stare into the other side of it.  I asked my good friend Shea to take a few photos of me for my website (I've been putting this off for months).  As soon as she faced me with her Canon 5D, normal Jessica melted away as I morphed into insecure 13 year old Jessica...it makes me laugh now to think about how uncomfortable I was!  This modeling stuff is alot harder than it looks!  As awkward as I became, I really had a great time and it was so helpful for me as a photographer.  I feel like it gave me new perspective on how to direct clients in order to make them feel confident while capturing the realness of who they are. Shea and I took turns shooting each other, trying out new angles & techniques.  Thanks for your hard work Shea!

     




    7 comments:

    Virginia said...

    Well, you definitely don't look like you felt awkward! You look stunning! Gorgeous pics. :)

    Amanda said...

    beautiful. you look like a natural.

    wp said...

    you look gorgeous, dahling! so fun!

    Anonymous said...

    you look absolutely beautiful, jess. i love all three of these pictures and i'm sure the others are wonderful as well. let's do the dinner thing soon. i miss you and adam very much!
    love you!
    ~e.

    Laura said...

    You're as natural in front of the camera as you are behind it! Especially like middle pic; you look so animated!

    Anonymous said...

    jessica you are so adorable! love the pictures.

    Shea Halliburton said...

    aww... these DID turn out cute! can't wait to have a few minutes free to go through mine... you've got me excited to post your shots, too! thanks for YOUR hard work. that WAS eye opening! :)