Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 9, 2008

    New friends...

    One of the things that I love about our church is that everyone truly values the necessity of fellowship within the body.  True, honest fellowship, where the body of Christ gathers together to spur one another on in the gospel...there is nothing like it.  Adam and I were blessed with such wonderful fellowship the other night as we ate dinner with the Pregs.  Nate and Whitney are so warm and fun to be around, which was what I first noticed about them at church.  But throughout dinner, I noticed their deep love for the Lord and their willingness to encourage us in the gospel in even the little things.  All that to say that Adam and I left their house feeling truly uplifted and encouraged to pursue Christ, which is what true fellowship looks like.  To Nate & Whitney, thank you for opening your home to us.

    On another note, both Nate & Whitney are incredibly creative and have a unique gift for design.  Whitney owns her own design business, Pikl Paper (isn't the name too cute?!), which you MUST check out as soon as you finish reading this post.  As soon as I looked at her work, I knew that I NEEDED her talent to design a new logo for my photography.  I've played around in Photoshop, trying my best to get something decent to go on a business card, but to no avail.  I mentioned it to Whitney and she said, "sure, I'll come up with something for you."  Little did I know how much I would love what she sent over!  I gave her no guidance at all, and she came up with the perfect logo for my photography--that is when you know someone has a gift!!!  

    I'll post the logo soon, but until then, hop on over to Whitney's website and order some personalized notecards,  enclosure cards, & return address labels! :)

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Whitney is a hoot. She calls my minivan a spaceship.

    piklpaper said...

    i just read that post - HA! you two are so incredibly cute and sweet and just overflow with the love of Christ! i can't stop telling people about you guys :) we had a blast with you both and jones pretty much knows all of adam's lyrics now. it's adorable!