Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 27, 2008

    Divine

    I'm sitting here finishing off a strawberry cupcake from Urban Standard and it may be the single most fabulous thing that I have put in my mouth EVER. I highly recommend trying it. I've been told that they use real strawberries in both the cake and the icing...if they don't then they've found the best substitute known to man. It tastes like the best home made strawberry icecream you've ever had baked into a cupcake of perfection. The cake is just the right amount of moist with a generous amount of pink carnation-colored icing spread carefully across the top. It's worth it to make a trip downtown to Urban Standard (located on 2nd Ave. N. between 23rd & 24th streets) to savor the food and enjoy the ambience. Just give me a call and I'll meet you there!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Have you ever been to Edgar's in Hoover? They have a strawberry cake made with real strawberries and it's heaven.

    Thanks for putting the craving in my head! Now I must have a cupcake.