Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 15, 2010

    Wright Family Photos...

    Adam and I are constantly talking about how we don't take enough photos of our family. I (like many other gals) tend not to like photos of myself, but I know that one day I'll want to look back at this phase of our life and reminisce through pictures. Plus, how hypocritical is it to tell other people how important pictures are and then neglect to take any of my own life?! To remedy this, I dragged Adam and (a very unwilling) Buster out to an overgrown field near I-20 to snap a few pictures right before sundown yesterday. This photoshoot took all of about 20 minutes from start to finish. Maybe not my best work, but I know I'll be glad to have these when I'm old and gray.

    The photo of Adam is one of my test shots that I really liked. After I got my settings straight, I handed my camera over to him to work his magic. I think I may have found my next Jessica Wright Photography employee. :)

    Photobucket

    I pulled out my rusty old tripod for the rest of these. I'm sure the people driving by on the interstate got a kick out of me pressing the shutter and running for dear life to dive in the photo. I won't humiliate myself any further by showing you the outtakes...

    (Notice Buster attempting getaway #1 of the afternoon.)
    Photobucket

    (Buster plotting getaway #2)
    Photobucket

    (Buster found himself crated for this one. No more getaway attempts for this guy.)
    Photobucket

    Hopefully frequent family photoshoots will become a trend for the Wrights and I will have more of these to post throughout the year. And to practice what I preach, I've ordered prints of all of the above to hang around the house! How's that for a good start?

    9 comments:

    The Williamson's said...

    Oh my goodness! These are great!! Our Marley likes to try and run out of pictures as well and she hardly ever looks at the camera. I guess it's a silly Yorkie thing. Haha!
    Anyways, I think Wright family pictures are a great idea and I like that you just stopped on the side of the road. They turned out great!!

    Tom and Cyndi said...

    Buster didn't look like he enjoyed it as much as you and Adam. Oh my precious Buster. He is so cute. I love the wonderful pictures of you and Adam. I think I would like to order a copy of them. Love Mom

    paula said...

    these are beautiful jessica. it's so true that you will treasure these. It also reminds me that we haven't had a full family photo since last year. Time to break out the tripod again:)

    Hannah said...

    You guys are too cute!

    Disco Christa said...

    These are great! Yuo guys are so cute!

    Shea Halliburton said...

    these are super cute... and next time i'm in town, i'd love to take some for youg guys so you're not diving into fields and such. :) hope all is well! miss you, friend!

    Amanda Pair said...

    such a great idea! you guys are so cute :)

    Jessica said...

    thanks friends!

    wp said...

    LOVE these...MISS you guys...