Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 7, 2009

    Mini Vacation

    Adam and I decided that we both work nonstop and need to spend a little more time together.  So, to honor our pact, we took off last weekend to the best little vacation spot that you've never heard of:  Gorham's Bluff.  It was exactly what we needed.  Located in north Alabama, this little community is such a hidden jewel.  We biked, we swam, we watched movies in our cabin....our weekend was the essence of a "getaway".  I highly recommend it if you are looking to escape the busyness of life for a few days.  The best part, in my opinion, was the incredible view of the Tennessee River.  


    Photobucket


    If you're looking for a place close to home to just relax and forget about the world, this is it my friends!  Adam and I will definitely be going back in the near future.  

    Stay tuned for more weddings!

    4 comments:

    Alisa said...

    you guys are the fourth set of friends who've gone to gorham's bluff in the past year! and everyone has rave reviews. i guess we should go find out for ourselves.

    Hannah said...

    This is a beautiful shot Jess. Postcard anyone?

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, Jessica! What a beautiful view!

    I just discovered your site from a link at The Sonnet House and I was like, "Oh my gosh! I know her!" We took a light metering class together several years ago with that very mean man. Anyway, I am so glad that you are getting to use your photography talent as an actual professional. Your photographs are beautiful!

    P. S. I have several photos of you from our trip to the Botanical Gardens that day if you would like to have them.

    Jessica said...

    alisa....you should most definitely take a weekend trip there! it is so worth it.

    hannah...thanks! how are you and michael? do you know where you guys are headed next?

    nikki....thanks! so good to reconnect. i see you are keeping up your photography as well. awesome!