Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 11, 2008

    Giving is Awesome

    Photobucket

    I stumbled upon this website the other day and could not contain my excitement.  I've been looking for a way to serve others with my photography, trying to brainstorm creative projects that will really be meaningful for those in need.  Sometimes I feel like photography is a superfluous gift...not something that people really need.  And I guess it's not like food or shelter...people won't die without photos.  But as I get a little bit older, I'm beginning to realize just how much my family photos mean to me.  They bring me back to a time and place that I can never have again.  They make my memories more vivid, they embody a time in my life and the life of my family that I want to hold onto forever. 

    All that to say that I want to pass this precious gift along.  The current economy is making it a little harder for most to afford even the bare essentials, much less a photo session complete with prints.  So I want to give away a photo session for a family or couple who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it.  I am asking you to think about everyone you know...and everyone they know....and reach out and nominate someone.   The family selected will win a free photo session + a $250 print credit. Email me at jswphotography@gmail.com with nominations!

    Here are my 3 conditions:

    1.  You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services....this does not include families who are lagging on mortgage payments on their vacation homes overseas. 
    2. They must either a) live in or b) be able to travel to the Birmingham area.
    3.  You must email me at jswphotography@gmail.com with the family's full story.

    I will be inciting the help of select friends and family to decide the winner.  Please send all nominations in by December 28th.  I will be announcing the winner on January 1st!  Because I want as many people to participate as possible, I would greatly appreciate you spreading the word!  If you have a blog, write about it!  Email your friends!  Spread the giving!! 

    No comments: