Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 28, 2007

    i heart fall.

    i can't wait for fall. weather that is just cool enough. my first wedding anniversary. bonfires (which crissy sharp claimed that they have....she'll have to follow through now, because it just may be the highlight of my fall, coming second only to the anniversary). leaves changing. the smell of bonfires (the anticipation is growing. if crissy doesn't have a bonfire or two, i may be forced to have one at my house, which i am sure the neighborhood association in our garden home community would frown on). celebrating the most wonderful year of my life with the most wonderful man that i know. saying the word "autumn". the few months of relief from a suffocating summer before the onset of a frigid winter. roasting marshmallows over the bonfire (really, crissy, no pressure). a road trip with my hilarious, always entertaining husband. I HEART FALL.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I love fall as well Jessica! I can't wait! You forgot to mention drinking hot chocolate on the porch, bundled up with a good book. I LOVE FALL!!!

    ~Kara

    Kim said...

    Oh my... you've made me just reminisce huge... In the fall at Quinn's grandma's house we have an enormous bonfire preceded by a hay ride on the back of a tractor. There are always a lot of people there (23 spent the night last Thanksgiving) and we just have a ball. When nighttime hits, my mother-in-law takes in the children and the grownup kids stay outside and talk until late. I love fall, too. Hate winter. Love fall.

    Crissy said...

    No pressure indeed! I learned someting new last year concerning bonfires... you should NOT use treated lumber. Something about arsenic,I'm not sure.

    You bring the marshmallows and the cute musician and I'll provide the fire and the hot chocolate. Oh and the noisy children hopped up on sugar.

    Paige M said...

    Oh, now I'm so excited about the bonfires!!! Forget the "no pressure" approach! I say the pressure is ON!!